“He liked the way things looked, spread out beneath him, only birds wheeling over his head while all the life of the castle went on below.”
There are people who could probably write this better than I can, and I probably forget things, but oh well it is a quick guide okay beans okay.
- Don’t insult her for having sex. (You can criticize the political wisdom of having the children of a man who is not her husband without slut-shaming.)
- Don’t insult her for using sex as a means of accessing power. Recognize that by using sex Cersei is reclaiming her power from a society that sexually objectifies her. (You can criticize her for abuse of powers, but you can do so without problematizing sex.)
- Don’t use gendered insults period, for Cersei or for ANY character. A character being heinous doesn’t make your gendered insults any less sexist.
- Don’t laugh at her or cheer along when she gets abused by her husband. Seriously, that is fucking gross what is wrong with you.
- Don’t blame her for any of Jaime’s misdeeds or character flaws. (He is a grown-ass man who is, barring maybe threat at knife-point or such, responsible for his own choices.)
❖ 30 Days of Game of Thrones/ASOIAF
→ Day 25 | Your favorite friendship: Jon Snow and Sam Tarly
YOU HAVEN’T COME OUT OF THERE IN ALMOST TWO DAYS. YOU SMELL FUNNY. YOUR EYES ARE AS RED AS MY EX’S PENIS. YOUR CRYING KEEPS THE NEIGHBORS AWAKE, AND THERE ARE ENOUGH KLEENEX ON THE FLOOR TO REVERSE ENGINEER A TREE, NOT TO MENTION YOU NEED TO GO TO WORK IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD HBO.
LOOK, I LIKED RENLY TOO, OKAY? HE WOULD HAVE MADE A PRETTY GOOD KING, BUT YOU’VE GOT TO MOVE ON. THIS ISN’T HEALTHY.
I’ll send letters whenever I can. But if you don’t hear from me, don’t be scared. ‘Til I return.
With season 2 of Game of Thrones in full swing, I figured it was just about time for another GoT comic! I love it too much not to make one occasionally.